Wednesday, April 6, 2011

E is for Exercise

I have joined the A to Z blogging challenge. During the month of April I will write a post each day with the exception of Sundays and these posts will correspond with each letter of the Alphabet. You can join by following the link above.



  I am going to make these posts a mix of things but my hope is that they will all have a common thread... God.




**************************************************
 
In January 2010 I made the decision to start exercising. Sure, I was playing on my wii and doing what I kept trying to convince myself was exercise but I never saw an improvement in my personal fitness. I joined Curves in January 2010 and worked out at least three times a week until I made the decision to leave in February 2011. I learned to exercise right and found that even though I was gaining weight each week... I was actually feeling better and more fit. I was able to hike down to a waterfall last summer. That was something I have wanted to do for years but was never fit enough.  
 
When I made the decision to leave Curves in February I purchased a membership to the fitness center at our local community center. I also purchased a membership to be able to take all the classes I want there with actual trainers. 
 
The first few weeks were murderous.  I was sore about every day but I knew I had to keep going. I have lost a small amount of weight... .6 pounds to be exact. I have gained and lost, gained and lost. I missed work outs last week for a whole week since I was sick in bed. I walked a mile yesterday and went to an abs and arms class this morning. I hope I hurt tomorrow!
 
I enjoy the days when I just walk because I put my ear buds in and listen to KLOVE. I spend this time worshiping God and praying. This helps me start my days right. 

1 comment:

  1. Since my two main past-times are writing and crochet, I don't get much exercise unless I force myself. Now that the weather will start getting nicer, I'll be outside more with the dogs and chickens, though.

    Popping in by way of the A-Z Challenge. I’m blogging at:
    Write, Wrong or Indifferent
    Marie Anne’s Missives
    In the Garden With Sow-n-Sow
    Every Day Crochet

    ReplyDelete