Thursday, April 7, 2011

F is for Family

I have joined the A to Z blogging challenge. During the month of April I will write a post each day with the exception of Sundays and these posts will correspond with each letter of the Alphabet. You can join by following the link above.



  I am going to make these posts a mix of things but my hope is that they will all have a common thread... God.


**************************************************
I shared a little about my family on my "D is for Dad" post. I prefer not to say that I come from a broken home because even though my mom left us our home wasn't broke. My dad did everything within his power to care for us and I don't feel that I missed out on anything even without my mom there. My dad remarried in 1996. My step mom is a wonderful woman. I do not call her by her name, she is my mom. She had 5 children and we became a family... her 5 kids and my dad's 4 kids; 9 kids total sharing one bathroom. My mom has not remarried but she did have a child when I was almost 15 so that gives me 9 siblings total. 
I am almost 27 and all of my siblings are grown and on their own except for Jacob who is 12. I moved away from home when I was 19 and got married. Jeff and I have been together ever since. I miss seeing my family grow and change. I have 5 nephews I haven't met and a niece on the way. I have a sister in law, a brother's girlfriend and a sister's boyfriend I haven't met. I look forward to meeting them on my visit in May. 
When Jeff and got married I married into a wonderful family. Jeff's parents had been married for just about 30 years at the time. His parents loved me like I was their daughter.

I have to say God surely blessed me with two wonderful families. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah,

    I discovered your blog a short time ago. I am a retired medical missionary. I do all types of
    crafts. Crochet is my favorite. I am slowly reading your older posts. I enjoy your blog.
    You are open,caring, and have a special way you
    share in your writing. Best wishes to you and your husband on his calling. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete