Wednesday, April 13, 2011

J is for Joy

I have joined the A to Z blogging challenge. During the month of April I will write a post each day with the exception of Sundays and these posts will correspond with each letter of the Alphabet. You can join by following the link above.

**************************************************

One thing I have learned in the last seven years is being Joyful. Not in a happy or giddy sort of way like the definition at dictionary.com tries to explain - "the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation". But the kind of Joy that you feel when your hopes are secured on something more. The joy in knowing when you are done in this world... you will live in eternity with the Lord.  

In the last seven years I have experienced the death of my own Granny and Poppa, Jeff's Grandma who was like my own, the pastor who married Jeff and I (and his parents 30 years before us) and his wife... as well as many other people who held a place in my heart. It is hard watching people we love pass away; but with the joy God has given me it takes the sting away especially knowing that those people had gone home to be with the Lord.  Joy helped me through these deaths, my near death in June 2008, my job loss 6 weeks after returning to work in 2008... Knowing God has a plan for me is a wonderful joy!

I am not going to say that I am the happiest person out there. I know I have my days where even I don't want to be around me. That's the thing about being one of His children... being forgiven for my actions and attitudes.  

****
My sister, Kari, decided to join the challenge, so be sure to take a look!

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful message to remember - God has a plan for all of us.

    Sema
    http://expressive-impressive.blogspot.com/
    visiting from A-Z challenge

    ReplyDelete