Thursday, April 21, 2011

P is for Prayer

I have joined the A to Z blogging challenge. During the month of April I will write a post each day with the exception of Sundays and these posts will correspond with each letter of the Alphabet. You can join by following the link above.

**************************************************

How do you pray? When do you pray? I have to say, I am a conversational prayer. I can't say I am a constant prayer but my thoughts go to Him several times a day. I consciously pray when big things happen... good and bad.

I believe that prayer is an essential part of being a Christian. It is part of the relationship we should have with our Lord. You need to build your relationship with Him in the same way you would build it with your husband or wife. Conversation is important. I know He hears them and that sometimes his answer is no or not yet... or maybe its yes... but not the yes I expected. It's like having your best friend with you every moment, every second of every day. 

****
My sister, Kari, decided to join the challenge, so be sure to take a look because she will be having a giveaway when she reaches 20 followers!  

1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed your description of prayer as being like having your best friend with you all the time! That's security!

    I learned to knit by taking a class at the YWCA when I was 18. I can't remember how I learned to crochet. I enjoy both and have done quite a bit of both in my lifetime, but regretfully don't seem to have much time for it right now.

    Happily met you through A-Z Bloggers Challenge. My blog is http://www.betterthanordinary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete