Friday, February 11, 2011

Flashback Friday: 7 years

Isn't is strange how quickly time passes? It moves so fast you hardly even realize it is gone. I am almost 27 years old and I find it amazing and strange all at the same time that I have been married to Jeff for 7 years. We married young and we had a very rough start. We both came from very different places. I learned very well how to spend money as a young adult and he learned very well how to save money... we fought about this constantly as well as the cleanliness of our apartment. We also fought about everything else.

I have told you all before that I believe God has a plan for everyone... even me. I believe this is true because living this live was never in my plans! I never imagined that two weeks after the wedding, I would call up my mom and tell her I had gotten married and that it wasn't working. I never wanted to be a divorcee... especially at 19. I packed my belongings and went to a hotel while I waited for my mom to arrive to take me 2000 miles back home. However, I was home for a week when I realized I loved Jeff and wanted to make it work. So 5.5 months later I came back home to Arkansas where I have been for the last 6.5 years. That time apart was what we needed to learn to talk and communicate with each other. He learned to be a better husband and I learned to be a better wife... we learned to support each other and be friends.

I am still amazed some days that I am a Sunday School Teacher and a soon to be Preacher's Wife. I am very proud of my husband for following God's will in his life and for being the spiritual leader in our family that God calls him to be. I love him more today than I did 7 years ago.

We received about 6-7 inches of snow on Wednesday and we were snowed in. I have not been to work since Tuesday and I can tell you I have enjoyed this time with my husband. I work late hours so I don't have the ability to be the wife I enjoy being... the wife that has dinner ready when he comes in from work... not so much the wife that cleans but the wife that cooks and cares for her husband.

I have a college degree in Restaurant Management and I love to cook... I miss watching Jeff take that first bite of his dinner and watching him enjoy the food. I got to experience that this week with meals made from scratch. I promise, I will make a nice meal on Saturdays from now on! Anyhow, here is a photo from our wedding... its not very good quality but I love it just the same!


**********************************************************

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad y'all worked it out. It seems that it's easier to get divorced than work things out for some people. Marriage is work but it's work well worth the time and effort you put into it. Lovely wedding picture. Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely story and glad it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete