Friday, November 12, 2010

Flashback Friday: First Real Vacation

Jeff and I got married young, I was 19 and he was 23. We were broke... so we didn't have a honeymoon. In fact, he had to work on our wedding day. All of our vacations in the early years consisted of camping trips. We wanted to do something big in the summer of 2008 but I was hospitalized and given a blood transfusion because I had almost bled to death. We used our Vacation in the fall of 2008 when  my dad and stepmom came down for a visit. In the summer of 2009 we had planned to take a trip just the two of us for our first real vacation to Eureka Springs, Arkansas... but again, I was sick. I had my gall bladder removed on vacation.

In December 2009 we finally took our first real vacation... just the two of us. We went to Hot Springs, Arkansas and rented a beautiful cabin at a ranch in the middle of no where with no cell service. It was amazing. We had a wonderful time and will be going back this December. The main reason we I chose Hot Springs was because they have a Christmas light display at Garvan Woodland Gardens each year and I love Christmas lights! This is one of my favorite photos from last year's first real vacation.




Flashback Friday Button

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great place. It will be something to really look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hubs and I have been talking about doing a 2-4 day vaca at a bed breakfast somewhere between here and friends place. We all want to get together and just relax. You make me want to do it even more. Transfusion? I hope whatever the cause was cured for you. Hugs. tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby and I are going on 5 years, and we still haven't had a honeymoon :(

    Going away to a cabin would be AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete