Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day

















Jeff and I attended the Memorial Day ceremony here in our town this morning with his parents. Jeff's dad is retired Air Force and he served two tours in Vietnam. I had a realization as we watched and listened at today's ceremony and that is that I never fully realized the importance of this day until I had someone so close in my family who served in a war for my rights and freedom. More recently we had two of Jeff's cousins serve in Iraq and Afghanistan both were injured during their tours.

Today we honored the 115 Arkansas soldiers who have died in the war for freedom since 2001... and all those before and those in other states. Today I thank you for making those sacrifices for our country.

















No comments:

Post a Comment