Saturday, May 14, 2011

Miss Me?

Its been 2 weeks since I have written an entry for my blog. Part of the reason is I was on vacation and out of the state from Sunday, May 1 to Thursday, May 5. I took that trip back home I have been talking about. The trip was wonderful. Other than not eating pizza at my favorite pizza place... I think I did everything I wanted to do!

This was Jeff's first commercial flight... and my first time bringing him home to meet the family. I have been having a hard time explaining the feelings I had as we boarded our first flight in Arkansas... and the feelings I had once we landed in Seattle. It had been 6.5 years since I had set foot in Washington. I can't say that I was nervous... or extremely anxious as I had expected myself to be. I just tell everyone who asks that it felt like I was going home. I have explained to Jeff that Arkansas is my home now, I love it here... the summer heat, spring rains (minus tornadoes, please)... even the "hills" they call mountains here. Washington is the place I spent more than two thirds of my life... its the place that holds my past.

We had arranged for my sister to meet us at the airport and stay in the hotel with us to save $350.00+ on a rental car... and she was crying before she even saw me! I plan to share more of my visit soon... with more pictures than the ones that don't need captions... like the ones below.








1 comment:

  1. Nice to have you back Sarah - glad you had a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete