Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day


I have so many things I could tell you about my dad and why I love him so much. Aside from the fact that he is my dad and that all children should love their parents. I have to say that what I love the most is the way he builds me up, the way he makes me stronger. If you ask me who my hero is, I will tell you it is my dad. 

My dad is amazing and strong. You should not underestimate him just because he is balding, has gray hair and uses a cane. He turns into a super strong super hero when needed… like when I get stung by a bee. I am allergic to bees and when I get stung I freeze and can’t move. Dad can pick me up and carry me to safety. 

My dad is one of my best friends and has been since… forever. I could and do spend hours talking to him about nothing… that’s why he calls me “Gabby”. Being 2000 miles apart provides some challenges. Challenges we work through by talking on the phone at least once a week. 

I have learned so much from this man and I love him so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment