Sunday, August 26, 2012

Today is a big day (photos)

Today we are having a baby dedication service for Jonathan at church. We do not believe in infant baptism but we do believe in dedicating the child to God and promising to raise the child in a Godly home and in a way that would glorify Him. So in preparation for this big day I spent the last 3-ish weeks knitting Jonathan a sweater vest... this was my first ever knitted garment and I have to say I am quite amazed it turned out so well dispite its flaws!

I love the color... its Knit Picks Brava worsted in Peapod.

I "winged" the pocket because I felt the vest needed a little extra something once it was finished. And of course, to make it fun I added the little yellow fishie to match the button (which is on the back of the left shoulder).

The coloring is horrible because it was night time and my lighting stunk! But, I made him a matching pacifier clip to go with the vest!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! You did a great job. Please post photos of this precious little boy.

    ReplyDelete