I have been thinking about what should be my goals for this year. I wanted them to be things I might actually obtain and things that I would not so easily cast aside. I want to work hard and learn. So here is a list of some of my 2011 goals.
- Learn to knit: as you saw in my last post, I have started this one. I have knitted 3 squares and am now on my fourth. I get frustrated because if I lose my place in a pattern I have a very hard time figuring out where I am. Yesterday I frogged the whole square and started over. I cannot knit something that requires many different steps and stitches while Jeff is talking to me, I am chatting or watching TV.
- Do more charity work: if this means being a volunteer, making a dozen blankets or donating money... I want to be a part of it. I want the chance to be part of something I strongly support. I've told you all how I love Operation Christmas Child through Samaritan's Purse. I want to do more than we did last year. I currently have 3 blankets... 4 if you count this knit one... for the "Be a Santa for a Senior" tree at Walgreens; that is double 2010.
- Be more organized: this one will be very tough for me. I do very well at being organized at work but at home I am a mess. I have knit and crochet projects piled on my desk, yarn sitting in random places and clutter! I don't want to start too many projects at a time. I know I will have 2 crochet and 1 knit blanket going all year as I am using squares from the BAM CAL and the BAM KAL for the blankets.
- Get serious: I've learned to maintain my weight... but I am overweight. I cannot be proud that I have maintained my 265lb weight. I go to Curves at least three times a week, and I try to follow Weight Watchers. I really need to get serious about my weight. That may mean using my blog or making a new blog to write about my struggles and successes. Would you care to read about that?
- Have a giveaway: my sister and I are working on a special project that I believe will end up in a double giveaway this summer. Spread the word!
- Figure out my camera: I want to learn to take better pictures. I don't want to be a professional photographer but I would like to take decent photos!
I may add to this by starting another post when I come up with more. Right now I think I have created enough work for myself!