Thursday, October 29, 2009

My First Shawl

So in August when I finally got around to working on some Christmas gifts I got this crazy idea to make my mother in law a shawl. I wanted to make her something special, last year for Christmas I gave her a scarf I had bought at Oktoberfest several years ago and she was so excited about it and asked if I had made it for her. So this year I wanted to make her something, something real special. So I searched and searched for a beautiful but not so difficult pattern and found one on http://www.naturallycaron.com/ called Delhi Shawl. I spent the most I have ever spent on yarn for one project so I hoped and prayed I could pull it off. Well after about a month and a half I finally finished the shawl, I was so excited about it I couldn't wait until Christmas to give it to her. So last Saturday was her birthday, I baked her a honey bun cake which I started making for her a few years ago and everyone loves! When she opened the gift I saw her face light up and she let out a giggle. It was amazing. She was totally surprised because she had seen me work on it every Sunday in her car on the way to church and I had also asked her a few times what she thought of it while I was working. So my gift turned out exactly as I hoped it would. It was special and worth all the money I spent on the yarn. I cant wait until next year!




No comments:

Post a Comment